lovely to meet you!
I’m your go-to gal for all things related to Big Sky real estate.
Why? I’m an elegantly-mannered, hard-working professional who insists on establishing trust.
As a Citizen-Realtor with a penchant for philanthropy, giving back to Big Sky is of utmost importance to me and my business.
In recent years, I’ve completed a successful launch for a $20 million ranch listing and has represented buyers and sellers on noteworthy sales. Raising the bar for marketing high-end real estate in Big Sky, at age 32, aiming towards ranking in the top 10 Big Sky brokers by sales volume. My core competency is style. I’ve earned a self-assured method during the Great Recession… a time when the buyers didn’t want to buy and sellers were just plain unhappy.
Beyond real estate (wait, life outside real estate, what?!), I follow a Renaissance approach to life. My husband, Ken — co-owner/founder of Grizzly Outfitters — and I delight in entertaining friends over dinner and horseshoes. We occupy spare moments with alpine skiing, mountain biking, and international travel.
A native of Cincinnati, Ohio, I completed my BA in Philosophy at Washington and Lee University in Virginia and headed West in 2005. After serving as an intern at The Nature Conservancy’s Flat Ranch in Island Park, Idaho, I relocated to Big Sky where I quickly and firmly planted roots. Haven’t budged since.
First things first: whether that’s getting acquainted après ski or on a hiking trail, I want you to understand the community and your place in it from the get-go. Secondly, I’m a straight shooter who offers transparent advice and occasional tough-love.
In recent years, I’ve completed a successful launch for a $20 million ranch listing and have proudly represented noteworthy sales. Namely, I brokered the deals for the two highest sales at Moonlight Basin… ever. At a mere 36 years of age, I aim to raise the bar for marketing high-end real estate in Big Sky and now rank in the top 5 Big Sky brokers by sales volume. Cutting my teeth during the Great Recession taught me to work harder and smarter than my competition. As a result I’ve earned a self-assured method — and my broker’s license — during an era of foreclosures and resort bankruptcies thanks to some great mentors.
Beyond real estate (wait, life outside real estate, what?!), I follow a Renaissance approach to life. My husband, Ken — co-owner/founder of Grizzly Outfitters — and I delight in entertaining friends over dinner and horseshoes. We occupy spare moments with trail running, alpine skiing, mountain biking, and international travel.
A native of Cincinnati, Ohio, I completed my BA in Philosophy at Washington and Lee University in Virginia and headed West in 2005. After serving as an intern at The Nature Conservancy’s Flat Ranch in Island Park, Idaho, I relocated to Big Sky where I quickly and firmly planted roots. Haven’t budged since. I’m deeply committed to my new hometown and take great pride in working as an ambassador for the Big Sky lifestyle. I like to think it shows in my work.
- “Once we knew we wanted to buy in Moonlight Basin, Tallie found us exactly what we wanted before it even hit the market. Buying a house on another continent was a big step for us, but she was a great help and a big support. It was a challenge to work through all the documents, but thanks to Tallie, everything went smoothly. Now, after spending the first winter and summer in our new home, we feel blessed and can’t wait to come back again.”
— Angela & Markus Brunnemann, Berlin, Germany
- “Tallie is a rock star at relationships and doing whatever it takes to get the deal done. I have worked with her on two transactions and both have been a success. She has a keen sense on what works and does a fantastic job with marketing. Tallie is also a very hard worker and I know she learned that from her father.”
— The Sperry Family, Bozeman Montana
- “Tallie Lancey is an effective communicator and a pleasure to work with. When we decided to sell our Porcupine Trail cabin, she helped us find buyers who understand what makes Big Sky so special. We believe the Big Sky community will be in good hands with people like Tallie willing to take on leadership responsibilities.”
– Joel & Laurie Kramer, Minnesota
- “From determining a list price to setting up my closing signing meeting with the title company (on the weekend!), Tallie was there for me every step of the way. She was phenomenally resourceful, super professional, and very helpful. All around, Tallie Lancey is a joy to work with. I cannot recommend her enough!”
— Anne Miller, Ennis, Montana
- “Tallie did an excellent job for us. She was knowledgeable, very professional, responsive, all the things you need your Realtor to be. I would recommend her without reservation. It was easy to fall in love with the cabin, so Tallie didn’t have to help us there, but she was extremely forthcoming and quick to respond from offer up to and since we closed. Whenever there were questions, she found us answers quickly. We still ask her questions, now that we are homeowners in Big Sky, and her response pace has not slowed. We highly recommend Tallie.”
— Dennis & Marilyn Raffensperger, Bozeman Montana
- “We contacted Tallie based on references on Zillow before we were heading out to Montana for a week-long vacation over the summer. She and I chatted several times, and based on our conversations she put together a list of possible houses that were spot on as far as our tastes, interests, and budget. On our day in the Big Sky area, she was a wonderful host, tour guide, and font of knowledge about the area. After each house we visited, she asked a number of questions that really helped us figure out what we liked and didn’t like. She guided us through the house buying process with skill and patience, and she’s been a terrific and valued advisor as we’ve begun the next stage, from furnishing and moving, to finding resources in the area.”
– Jeff & Judy Levey, Baltimore Maryland
An admitted Arts Junkie, I serve Big Sky in diverse capacities.
Big Sky’s a small mountain town with tremendous opportunity for intellectual growth, cultural exchange, artistic inspiration and continuing education. I immerse myself in the local community through the following organizations:
Big Sky Community Organization – Board of Directors
Big Sky Young Professionals Network
Arts Council of Big Sky – Public Art and Art Auction Committees
Warren Miller Performing Arts Center
Big Sky Community Chorus
Gallatin Canyon Women’s Club
Top Shelf Toastmasters International Club – Past President
South Fork IV Homeowners Association – Architectural Review Committee
I rise to the challenges of our growing community and keep my clients informed.